Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Legalize Breast Milk!



Man, this stuff must be good!  While feeding, Levi starts with great vigor, eager to gulp as much milk as possible.  About fifteen minutes into the feeding, he slows, sometimes nods off, and slowly continues to gain nourishment.  Most often this leads to a baby, drunk (legally in baby terms), being removed from the breast and fumbling his way to lay on one of our chests, where he can simply pass out.  I cannot help but be reminded of my college years and my roommate stumbling into our bedroom where he would collapse on the bed, breath heavily for 3 minutes, and ten fall into a deep, snore-laden slumber.  The are some weird urination comparisons as well, but I will leave that alone.  Many public venues have banned the use of breast milk, but clearly it must be legalized.  It makes the little ones feel good, real good.  You can see the result in the photo provided.  


Question of the day:  If the baby poops while falling asleep, do you wake him to change him or allow him to sleep until he becomes uncomfortable and starts to whine?    

We think we know the answer, however, it is not an easy conclusion to reach without much guilt.  Lets just say, I hope I am as oblivious as a newborn if I ever reach the adult diapers stage (or that Levi reaches a different conclusion than Tasha and I).    

1 comment:

grandmere said...

Hi Levi
Your face says it all"This is the life!!!! Well welcome to it my lovely grandson.Looking foward to sharing it with you
Love Grandmere